Login New Account
Cosplayer Kotodama > Costume of Ion Fortuna from Trinity Blood

Most Recent Photo
01-18-2011
Series
Trinity Blood
Character
Ion Fortuna
Special Variation:
Thores Artbook Version
Year Completed:
2010
Construction Difficulty:
Very Difficult
Awards
Best Individual Craftsmanship @ PMX2010
Videos
Featured in 1 Videos
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
Everytime I tell myself, "NO I WON'T MAKE ANOTHER TRINITY BLOOD COSTUME" I do. XD; This is the hardest one I've done yet.

I started planning the costume around July, but I ended up not buying the fabric for it until September. I had a lot of trouble deciding what kind of fabric to use for the coat, hat and the skirt, but eventually I decided to settle on using upholstery fabric. The fabric that I found were found in the drapery section of the store. XD;;; It was quite perfect and inexpensive, which was exactly what I needed.

I worked on the hat first, and it was probably the thing I spent the most time on. (Also experimenting with the detailing techniques. XD;) The method of making the hat consists of two half circles, cut into the length I needed to connect to make the wideness of the brim. I really wish I knew this when I was making my first Ion hat since this one turned out SO MUCH BETTER! The hat was reinforced with two layers of craft fuse, which let it keep it's shake quite well. :D The burgundy details were applied with heat-and-bond, and puffy painted to finish the edges.

The scarves were silk taffeta~ and the details were done with a gold satin, gone over with puffy paint~ all the beading was all hand done!

The coat, sleeves and skirt were done in a similar fashion to the hat. Patterns were cut out, and the burgundy design was placed on with heat-and-bond. After that, the circles were placed on, and the edges were finished with the gold puffy paint. The skirt and the coat were both lined and finished off with MILLIONS OF YARDS of hand made bias tape. (Okay, there probably wasn't that much but It'd feel like that much when you'd have to make so much @_@)

ALSO, MILLIONS OF CIRCLES! I NEVER WANNA SEE CIRCLES EVER AGAIN! ;___;

Armor pieces were made of craft foam, gesso and painted to look gold...ish. The medallion on the hat was made of paperclay. That one I actually had enough time to sand it and weather it. :( I need to finish making all the armor pieces like that.

Leggings were pretty easy to make, but I need to go back and make the gold designs on them. :( Same with the inside shirt. Lots more to do for this costume, hopefully I'll finish it 100% one day!
Thanks to Aaron for helping me cut out so many circles, and to Silvia and Rayna for helping me finish making bias tape. *_*

Also thanks to Tram and Setsu for doing the group with me.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 150
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 134
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 169
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 137
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!