Cosplayer Faraday > Costume of Dr. Girlfriend from Venture Bros.
- Most Recent Photo
- Venture Bros.
- Dr. Girlfriend
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume worn at:
- Big Wow Comic Festival 2013
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2013
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2012
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2011
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
My original lab coat is made from my Meg dress, I figured I wasn’t going to wear it anymore (especially since it barely survived the last wash I gave it), plus it’s the same shade of the dress Doc Hammer wears in the season one special features. Worked for me! No patterns again, just winged it as I went along and I’d say I did a pretty damn good job, especially since I was terrified to give it a go. I ended up remaking it in a pink twill which I think'll hold up better in the long run. After disassembling my original coat, I made adjustments to it so it would fit better and used it as a pattern.
The pillbox hat is made from a few layers of material, the brim is holds its shape with a strip of fun foam. There’s side combs sewn on the inside of the hat which is inserted into the wig to make it stay put.
Gloves were purchased from a local vintage store. White boots from eBay.
- Styling Notes
- A few inches of length were cut off, and the crown was teased to create a bouffant, the ends were then flipped up with rollers and the hot water technique.
Add a Comment