Cosplayer Shikarius > Costume of Austria / Roderich Edelstein from Axis Powers Hetalia
- Most Recent Photo
- Axis Powers Hetalia
- Austria / Roderich Edelstein
- Special Variation:
- Seven Years War
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Best in Show Manga [Anime Weekend Atlanta 2010]
1st Place ACP Hetalia Austria Contest
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 2010
- New York Anime Festival 2010
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Oh, where to begin? Austria being his frugal self, this costume was made for under $35 (boots, wig recycled for another cosplay) by means of using drapery for the main coat, vest, etc. broadcloth for the navy bits (Oh yes, I went there), and something that I'm not entirely sure is fabric for the lining. I spent nothing on trim as all the gold accents are a single 850yd spool of gold thread.
Embroidery FTW! Each of the runs of straight embroidery was actually several overlaid decorative stitches (lining everything up was the hard part) and everything else was digitized on the computer and loaded into my embroidery machine.
The coat is fully lined and a 3/4th circle flair (I swoosh when I walk, pretty much) with a strip of stiff interfacing running the full circumference to give it some body. The vest is also full lined and all buttons are functional :)
The wig was a miracle by itself... It started out as a shoulder length mess (D. Boy L, New Look) in color 30 that was trimmed and thinned to shape. The ahoge is a 16 gauge wire with several 3-inch-long sections of hair layered over it with copious amount of hair glue.
Can you tell that I really love this costume? XD
- Personal Thoughts:
- ... The collar embroidery doesn't ever show. I'm sad ._.