Cosplayer Mirai Noah > Costume of Riza Hawkeye from FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Most Recent Photo
- FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Riza Hawkeye
- Special Variation:
- Promised Day Arc
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Best Skit Performance - SacAnime Fans Giving Back 2011
- Costume worn at:
- FanimeCon 2011
- Sac-Anime Summer 2010
- Sac-Anime Winter 2011
- Yaoi-con 2010
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- I patterned and made the jacket myself. The pockets are functional and close with sewn on snaps. The "false" snaps on the outside are hot glued on. I made the belt originally for my Sumeragi uniform. The shirt and pants are from my closet, and the boots are from various other costumes.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Oh yeesh, I've wanted to cosplay as Riza the same year I started cosplaying (2005), but there was no way I would have been able to make her uniform at that time. Flashfoward a few years later to when this outfit first appeared in the manga. I attempted a closet cosplay, but decided it was too shabby. Finally, the new anime came out and got to this arc and I said, "OKAY IT IS TIME."
Riza's one of my all-time favorite characters, so I'm really excited to finally cosplay her (the miniskirt didn't exactly count).
Originally, I fully intended to bloody up the jacket, but in the end I decided not to because I realized that it would probably stain the turtleneck as well. D: Maybe in the future.
- Styling Notes
- I cut about four inches off the wig, and trimmed and styled the bangs as well. I wanted to use the wig for when her hair is both up and down, but getting it into the clip can either be a challenge or a breeze. The bangs are pulled the side and full of hairspray.