Login New Account
Cosplayer Lin-Z > Costume of Ruby Moon from Card Captor Sakura

Most Recent Photo
08-14-2010
Series
Card Captor Sakura
Character
Ruby Moon
Year Completed:
N/A
Construction Difficulty:
N/A
Costume worn at:
Otakon 2010
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
Basically 100% hand made by me, except for the pretty jewel on my skirt, that was by Lauren (TheSkiesAbove). This was the first costume I started for Otakon this year, and the last one I finished. xD I used some kind of satin for everything except the wings, which were chiffon (the pink on the wings is satin, though). The top is a modified corset style top with panels sewn on the front and back. The pink design is outlined with machine embroidery, and the black butterflies (one's on the back) is attached with heat 'n' bond and then finished with the machine. The skirt was made from a pants pattern because I didn't want to buy another pattern. X_x The wings are made from hangers that I untwisted and duct taped together, and were then spray-painted black by my sister and Marina (Umi-kun). I cut the chiffon around the wings and sewed the edges down around the frame, and then flipped the loose edges back over and sewed them down with a zigzag stitch to reinforce them. The pink spots were put on with heat 'n' bond. Most of the sewing was done in the hotel room the morning I was wearing the costume. For shoes, I wore a pair of jazz shoes and white knee high stockings. Marina cut the bangs for the wig, and I took the left over hair from that to make the buns. I didn't actually have enough hair to make a true bun, so I cut a Styrofoam ball in half, put a pink balloon over each half, and then attached the hair messily with hot glue and then covered each one with a hair net that I sprayed pink. To actually attach the buns to the wig, I ended up gluing pipe cleaners to the bottom of the buns and then stitching the pipe cleaners to the inside of the wig. The sections of hair with beads were made with typical children's beads (that had to be painted pink, because the only packs besides the over-sized tubs were white). I strung the beads onto the hair the same way you thread a needle with a needle threader, and then tied a few strands of hair around the lowest bead to keep it in place. To finish: - long ribbons that trail from bodice - add pink spots to bottom of wings - make more accurate shoes
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 178
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 140
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 155
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!