Cosplayer Shii Arisugawa > Costume of Pearl Fey from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Most Recent Photo
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Pearl Fey
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume made by:
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Haha, construction-wise there isn't much to say, it was all pretty simple! ^^ The only major thing was modifying the patterns I used for the kimono and coat, as they were XBOX HUGE despite being kids sizes. lol I made my own pattern for the sash (which has a layered or wrapped look), bow which is lightly stuffed with polyfil, and the ribbon bracelets. Adora provided all the fabric needed, sewed the coats before I made modifications, made the necklaces, and purchased the flip flops.
I made tutorials for the bracelet, sash, and bow that you can find on my deviantART!
- Personal Thoughts:
- DAT WIG. LOL Adora asked me to be Pearl to her Maya, how could I say no?! We didn't get our ramen pics during Nisei Week like originally planned, but I still had a ton of fun wearing our PW costumes together! :D The people that recognized us and the feedback I've been getting online has been crazy!!
- Styling Notes
- It was my first time styling an updo, but mostly followed Kukkii-san's tutorial, minus the whole stubbing part. The fun pretzel buns are actually rolled into place, and stays together with lots of clear thread, silicone caulk, hairspray, and bobby pins. Unfortunately, despite me stuffing a decent amount of paper between the wig and wig head, it's a tad bit small... oh well, nothing I can do about it. ^^; Man, it's no wonder no one really bothers doing this wig. XD;
- Wig Review
- I absolutely love the color of this wig, the styled wig has held up nicely for being stuck in storage the past year too.