Login New Account
Cosplayer Kitsoru > Costume of Kokonoe from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Most Recent Photo
08-19-2011
Series
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Character
Kokonoe
Year Completed:
2010
Construction Difficulty:
Difficult
Awards
Best Novice- Saturday (Hall Contest- ACen '10)
Costume worn at:
Anime Central 2010
Otakon 2010
Phoenix Comicon 2010
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
Oh jeeeez this costume had SO MANY PARTS. Definitely the most labor intensive costume I've done so far.
From the top!: The wig is a Clover-L from Cosworx in Light pink, stubbed, with the 'wings' wrapped around the stub. The stub has some t-pins shoved into it to help keep the wings up. There's a ponytail clip from ebay stuck onto the stub, and then I just cut a hair ribbon from a scrap of this nice butter yellow fabric I found in the scrap bin at JoAnn's. The ears (and the tail, which I'll get to) are "Cuddles" fur in Bubblegum, and short pile in white from Mendel's Far Out Fabrics, and are sewn into the wig. The 'second set' of eyebrows I have are the same fur as used in the ears, and are spirit gummed to my forehead. My real brows were painted over with washable school glue and acrylic paint. I have a smoky pink eye that's a combination of a Sephora liner stick and a Mehron red cream 'pencil', as well as Bloody Mary pink mascara. The coat is twill with (I think?) silk polyester lining in the sleeves. The body is a chinese coat pattern which I then modified so that it tapered off from the front seam to drop off straight down at the side seam to make it expose the midriff. The sleeves were hand drafted, stuffed with a layer of upholstery foam, fully lined, and sewn together completely before sewing them into the coat. The 'paw' decorations are foamies in both 3mm and 6mm thickness. There are hook closures all down the inside of the front. In the back, the tail hole is appliqued. The bangle bracelets are styrofoam wreath bases sealed with a few layers of acrylic gel medium and painted in gold acrylic. The smaller hoops were chopped in half, sealed, painted, then glued back over the larger ones. The pince nez glasses were bought from a party store, and had the chain and attaching loop removed then sanded down. The tail has full poseability and has aluminum armature wires running through it. It was stuffed with Cluster Stuff. The tips are 'caps' whipstitched over the basic tail's tips. To harness it to myself, the wires coming out the bottom of the tail are looped at the bottom for me to thread my belt through, then the belt is pulled TIGHT against my back and the tail posed to lean forward, to balance itself off. (There's some clever pinning going on, too..) The bell has the face design as in the artwork, which is cut sheet brass molded to the face of a base bell and cemented on. It's tied to my belt buckle and is fully functional. There's also a real dog leash clipped to my belt buckle. The pants are modified slim Dickies pants, with the bottom hems completely rodified and bias taped. The shoes were modified to have their backs removed, toes painted on, and a strap glued over the arch of the foot from pleather bias tape. (They hurt really bad XD)
Personal Thoughts:
My best work so far, for sure. It takes a while to put on and can get a little stressful/painful between those shoes and the weight of the sleeve/tail/wig, but such is cosplay. I go through about 5 lollipops a day in this costume which is uh, prolly not good for me, but... XD;
Wig Details
Wig Brand
Cosworx / Cosplay.com
Wig Name
Clover L
Original Color:
Light Pink
Styling Time
About 8 hours in all
Styling Notes
This was the first time I stubbed a wig. The 'wings' were styled at the time of stubbing, by wrapping the fiber in the last few outer layers that were stubbed around the stub, crossing them over towards the opposite side they wound around (clockwise or counter-clockwise), and sticking a t-pin into the stub to help keep the fiber in place while heat and hairspray did the most. The 'wings' themselves are hairspray and heat-trained. The ponytail itself is a clip-on extension from laurawu on ebay. The ears were made from the same faux furs as the tail, handsewn from a pattern I drafted using an existing pair of clip-on catears I had lying around, and sewn into the wig mesh.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 226
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 221
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 453
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 216
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0 Views 114
  • Photo 6
     Photo 6
    Comments 0 Views 148
  • Photo 7
     Photo 7
    Comments 0 Views 153
  • Photo 8
     Photo 8
    Comments 0 Views 160
  • Photo 9
     Photo 9
    Comments 0 Views 174
  • Photo 10
     Photo 10
    Comments 0 Views 151
  • Photo 11
     Photo 11
    Comments 0 Views 172
  • Photo 12
     Photo 12
    Comments 0 Views 165
  • Photo 13
     Photo 13
    Comments 0 Views 136
  • Photo 14
     Photo 14
    Comments 0 Views 149
  • Photo 15
     Photo 15
    Comments 0 Views 159
  • Photo 16
     Photo 16
    Comments 0 Views 141
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!