Cosplayer Lady Tenkage > Costume of Sister Paula from Trinity Blood
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
And here she is! My winning costume of NDK 2009's masquerade! That's right, I happened to win first place, in the intermediate category with this costume! Of course, a little Monty Python always helps. But, let me tell you! This has to have been the biggest pain to make! There must be a thousand tiny details, on this costume! It took me quite a long time to make, simply due to being able to actually get all the details I needed. -Beginning with the basic under-dress. It's made from black cotton, it'd original pattern heavily modified for the sleeves and skirt, which both required slits and grommets. I should note that there are no less than 250 grommets on this costume, altogether. The sleeves were made long, so they could fold back, and the skirt is slit waaay up the sides. Then, it is hemmed in a wire-mesh silver ribbon I found, and a zipper installed on the back. From there, I have 4 armor pieces, each made out of wonderflex and silver silk, attached with snaps, and details added with either patches or paint. Most have cross detailing, and the set on the left arm is connected together by chains, while the piece on the right arm has slots for throwing-knife nail files. The cuffs are hemmed with silver arrows, which are made from wonderflex as well, and painted silver, with an additional armor piece on the left cuff. -The tabbard is made from dark red satin, created from a self-made pattern. It's straight and square-necked, hemmed with gold bias-tape, with gold grommets running up and down both sides. On the lower half of both front and back, I have attached a black, metal-studded cross made from pleather, and edged with gold paint. -Overtop the tabbard them goes the bodice, made from silver satin, with boning inserts and a zipper for proper shape and wearing ease, and completed with lots of silver paint detailing, including a cross on the back painted freehand. -There is also the collar, the hood, and the habit. All are made of the same red velvet and bias-tape hem. The collar has an armor-piece at the neck with the Inquisition symbol. The hood is fairly simple, and has snaps so I can wear is with the armor-piece from my original cloak, which I modified to include an additional cross, hanging down. The habit has a super-strong interfacing inside of it, so it retails it's odd shape, and 4 cross patches- one at each flap. There are 6 gold wonderflex arrows sewn along the top, and an elastic strap to be worn underneath my white wig. -Final details include a pair of silver, thigh-high boots. A pair of white gloves with the Inquisition emblem. An additional chain belt with metal cross. A ribbon-made belt with metal studs. Additional dangling crosses, and my Grandmother's rosary. -I did make blades for the costume, but they sadly broke. So, it's back to the drawing board, for that one.
Add a Comment