Login New Account
Cosplayer Lulu Miyazawa > Costume of Macha the Temptress from .hack//QUARANTINE

Most Recent Photo
02-22-2010
Series
.hack//QUARANTINE
Character
Macha the Temptress
Year Completed:
2009
Construction Difficulty:
Very Difficult
Awards
Best costume and skit @ III Málaga's Carnival Cosplay Contest (2010)
Costume worn at:
Salón del Manga 2009
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
Among things I did the second time I wore this costume apart from the wig were retouching little parts of the eyes in the skirt, re-painting the zentai with much more detail (and now it looks actually purple and not almost black XD), doing the bone-like things below my chest again from scratch, re-making the Installation Book and more misc things I'm probably forgetting about x_x
Personal Thoughts:
Even more than Mia, I think Phase!Macha was a project that I loved since I first fought against her in the games... the spoilers around Mia and her, her wicked and bizarre design, hardly translatable to reality, a mix between computer-ish and organic was truly a challenge that I enjoyed very much. The mask with lights was also completely new stuff for me, but it's a very flashy and attention-drawing prop ^^ I painted it in a completely different way the second time I wore it, and sanded it to death XD
Wig Details
Wig Brand
Cosworx / Cosplay.com
Wig Name
Willow
Original Color:
613 (Bleach Blonde)
Wig Quality Rating
5 / 5.00
How was the wig colored?
70º alcohol mixed with ink in various colors (red, orange, brown, violet and black)
Styling Notes
The wig was a really difficult challenge. As the wig didn't have bangs, I made them using Tristen Citrine's awesome tutorial with some variations (http://www.tristencitrine.com/tutorials/wigbangs.html), but I had to use hot water apart from the hairdryer as well since the gap didn't want to close XD My first try with the structure failed and the second one was done the same day of the WCS preliminary x_x It looked more or less decent, but I didn't have enough time to cover all the five (pink! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!) foam cores and the wiring lost hold at the end of the day. I then spent months restoring and re-dyeing it, and created a completely different method for the structure. I also re-did all five ponytails meticulously using 5 pieces of polystyrene, carved and painted, and then covered with a ton of hair fibers from other wigs, also dyed. I also added a couple of self-made wefts to the front of the wig which makes it look better ^^ I also added fasteners in the hairline, just where the bangs started, that were used to attach the mask to the wig, since the wig slipped if I just put it on my head while I was wearing the mask ^^u
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 153
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 156
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 165
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 157
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!