Login New Account
Cosplayer Kokuu > Costume of Priest from World of Warcraft

Most Recent Photo
N/A
Series
World of Warcraft
Character
Priest
Special Variation:
Primal Mooncloth/Whitemend
Year Completed:
N/A
Construction Difficulty:
Difficult
Costume worn at:
Anime LA 2009
BlizzCon 2008
FanimeCon 2009
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
I am a huge World of Warcraft nerd (for the horde!) I fell in love with the look (and stats!) of this armor set when I crafted it for my priest (which admittedly is a troll, but I'd rather not have to deal with full makeup- one of these days!) This was my first project which I got to work with my embroidery machine. There was definetly a steep learning curve working with the machine- lots of broken needles, failed attempts, and cursing. However by the end of the project, it's safe to say I have a fairly good grasp on how to work with it. Most of the outfit is made from a polyester poplin. with gold satin, embroideried and satin-stitched appliqued. All the gold trim was cut on the bias- I went through 6 yards of 60" wide gold satin! The skirt is one of my favorite elements of the costume. In order for the skirt to get the textured look from the game, I layered a pleated chiffon ($2.50/yard Red tag fabric from Jo-Ann's!) over navy polyester poplin. The bottom of the skirt and the cuffs have a jacquard with a wavy pattern, which I discovered after 4 hours of searching the fabric district for the right fabric! This was also one of my first attempts making armor. The shoulders are made from wonderflex and upholestry foam, primered and covered with bondo. Bondo, while very, very smelly, and a bit of a skin irritant, is rather idiot proof, and with some sanding (Power-sanders are your friend! Spending the $40 to buy one is worth your sanity!) achieved rather nice results. The "hat" is made from wonderflex covered in gesso. The "tabs" on the shoulder armor are heavily interfaced fabric). The circles on both the armor and the "tabs" are actually covered buttons and button frames (from Jo-Ann's) which I hacked off the backs and hot-glued. I still have a few elements of this costume to complete, such as a collar, cape and weapon, but overall I am throughly pleased with my results. This is definetly one of my favorite costumes.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 236
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 327
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!