Cosplayer Shiva > Costume of Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid 2
- Most Recent Photo
- Vocaloid 2
- Hatsune Miku
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Best In Show, Masquerade, Another Anime Con 2009
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Boston 2011
- Another Anime Convention 2010
- Another Anime Convention 2009
- ConnectiCon 2011
- ConnectiCon 2009
- PortConMaine 2009
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- The top is made from several yards of gorgeous silver silk I found on eBay, and its lined with grey cotton and backed with interfacing for stiffness. It is a modified vest pattern with four darted panels in the front and three in the back with a button up shirt collar and invisible zipper down the front. I decided to do a ruffle trim as opposed to pinked edging to make the color stand out more. I made the trim by cutting strips of teal fabric and knife pleating them before attaching them to the vest. The vest accents are done with gold and teal metalfinish cardstock and the "Vocaloid" lettering was bought at Michael's and sewn on.
The skirt is a store-bought black pleated skirt and petticoat with added edging and gold cardstock accents added with double-sided tape. The side belt is a teal belt with darker accents painted on. The tie is store-bought and the accents made from black plastic and glued on. The boots are a combination of pleather thigh high boot tops cut off from the original boots which had uncomfortable stiletto heals and sewn on to a pair of small-healed shoes. I painted the bottom of the shoes teal and sewed the "piano key" accents on the side of the boots.
The light-up sleeves were bought online, as was the wig, headphones, and ponytail accents.
- Personal Thoughts:
- When I first saw Miku's design in 2008 I thought it was adorable and had to make it. Vocaloids are the cutest set of walking MP3 players I've ever seen. I love how comfortable and fun this costume is, and how the sleeves and headphones light up, although I the battery packs are annoying. I actually plan on figuring out a way to hook my iPod up to the costume and make it musical.