Cosplayer LainaBug > Costume of Fai D. Flowright / Yuui from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
- Most Recent Photo
- Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
- Fai D. Flowright / Yuui
- Special Variation:
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Very Difficult
- Journeyman Honorable Mention at Otakon 2008, Best of Show at AFO 2008
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Festival Orlando / AFO 2008
- Otakon 2008
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- The designs on my main coat were made by gradient dying fabric, and then using heat n bond to apply them after planning out how to layer and section the designs. The whole process took about 30 hours.
The staff was made by me, thanks to Utai Mitsumo for sharing her layered foam-board method! The gems are resin cast by me, and painted in the back w/ metallic blue. The gem is plastic painted w/ iridescent paints and attached with fishing line. It's my first big prop, and it took over 40 hours to complete @_@
Wig styled by Kichara aka Danger Zone Productions!
- Personal Thoughts:
- I've been wanting to make this costume for years, and I'm so happy I finally did!