Cosplayer Scruffy Rebel > Costume of Princess Leia from Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi
- Most Recent Photo
- Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi
- Princess Leia
- Special Variation:
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Very Easy
- Costume worn at:
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2007
- Star Wars Celebration Europe 2007
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Made by Darci. A lovely friend of mine in the prop business who makes the most accurate looking bikinis. No I am not exaggerating. If you look at enough of the slave bikinis who can tell she makes the best ones possible, which is why I wasn't going to attempt to make it myself. Why bother when perfection has already been attained?!
- Personal Thoughts:
- I've always had this outfit in the back of my mind. When my friend Christy donned the bikini for CIII, and quickly became the Slave Leia icon from then on, I got to see the pros and cons of the outfit. After I was in the Rose Parade I had a lot of people asking me when I'd be switching from the buns hairdo to the gold bikini. I was trying to work out and tone up for some other costumes, and decided the best incentive in the world for sticking with my workouts would be to add this outfit to the list. No way I would wear this outfit with a flabby rear! Granted this is a VERY eye-catching cosplay, but I really love doing it and it has made this year a huge blast!