Cosplayer Melfina > Costume of Chi / Chii / Elda from Chobits
- Most Recent Photo
- Chi / Chii / Elda
- Special Variation:
- Birdwatching Illustration Dress
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Honorable Mention at Metrocon 2007, Best Overall Craftsmanship at AFO 2007
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Festival Orlando / AFO 2007
- Metrocon 2007
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- I used Casa Satin for the main dress part, and it is all fully lined. All of the piping and ruffles were made from scratch, and sewn into the seams so there wouldn't be any rough edges. The collar is detachable from the rest of the costume, and snaps together in the front, where the little bow is. The back of the dress is mostly open, as seen in the reference image, with a small strap that snaps it together.
All the white parts (ruffles, front panel, skirt) are cotton broadcloth, and I used at least 5 yards in the ruffle-skirt alone. I made my own little petticoat out of crinoline for underneath the skirt so it would be puff-tacular. The puffy parts of the sleeves also have a layer of crinoline inside of them for added poofah.
The buttons on the front of the dress were covered with the matching Casa Satin, as were the buttons on the spats. The spats were drafted from scratch, heavily interfaced, and snap up on the sides (the buttons are just decorative), and they fit over the shoes, which I painted pink.
The butt-bow is detachable and snaps into place, and is stuffed with fiber-fill, and the long tails are double sided. The head bow clips into the wig with a sewn-in barret. The wig I used for this didn't have bangs initially, so I had to style/cut bangs in it.
The hair spools were molded out of model magic, and the Chii ears are craft foam which clip into the wig via barrets.
- Personal Thoughts:
- I freakin' adore Chii. :3 Her outifts are absolutely precious, and I'd make them all if I could.
- Styling Notes
- I styled and cut thick blunt-cut bangs into the wig since it started out bang-less and all just one long length.