Cosplayer Vartan > Costume of Eridan Ampora from MS Paint Adventures / Homestuck
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Another custom wig, and god this guy has so many accessories. Cape, scarf, stupid pants, ridiculous shoes, and a ring on every finger. SIGH.
- Pants were taped and painted after trying for quite a while to find blue/black stripes in the size that I wanted. Don't like how it turned out at all, will probably redo again.
- Cape is polyester shantung. I hate polyester. Only decent color I could find though.
- Shoes were normal-type leather shoes painted in Angelus leather paint which I love and is awesome and other than the random scuff I got immediately out of the hotel I was pretty happy with the shoes.
- Eri-bling is PVC pipe pieces I cut out to fit. Trying to find a bunch of tacky-but-not-over-the-top gold rings that also matched was pretty unsuccessful.
- Scarf was made by SetaGinny.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Ehhhhhhh. I want to rewear this costume in better circumstances with a better opportunity (and not rushing to try and squeeze in some pics after spending hours getting ready) and the few wonky things fixed. Definitely need to fix the horns, the wire inside them did not hold as soon as I started working them into the wig which led to them uncontrollably spinning on the wire, which led to floppy reindeer-like horns that I couldn't do anything about, no matter how hard I tried. Started on Ahab's crosshairs and then put aside because I knew I didn't have time. Might save it for Dualscar, but might finish it for the next time I wear this.